If you don’t have a lead magnet, or the ones you have are not working, then perhaps it’s time to give this a little attention.
Here are the most common questions we get when working with clients to build out their New Lead Nurture campaign.
Common Questions about Lead Magnets…
Lead magnets are one of the best ways to inspire potential clients to provide you with their contact information for the purpose of receiving something they deem to be valuable.
1. What is a Lead Magnet?
A lead magnet is a free item that is automatically given to prospective clients in exchange for their name and email address.
Whether it’s a PDF, an audio or a video, your lead magnet gives potential clients an ‘experience’ of you, so they can get a sense of who you are, what you offer and the impact of your work.
2. Why do I need one for my business?
Lead magnets help you grow your list by capturing the name and email of individuals who perceive that you have a solution to a challenge or problem they are facing.
Lead magnets also provide relevant and valuable information to your tribe, and enable you to differentiate yourself within your niche.
3. Why should I use a lead magnet?
With a lead magnet you will have…
- An interesting and valuable next step for clients you meet while networking
- A way to capture the information of people who visit your website
- A free gift you can offer when speaking to groups, live or online
- A way for others to introduce you to their network
- A value-add post in social media
- An unexpected gift for those in your community
- And so much more!
Perhaps the most exciting thing about having powerful lead magnets is that you always have a way to deliver value to potential clients, and open doors to a deeper conversation about how you can help.
4. What Makes a Lead Magnet Good?
- It solves a real problem – in order to create a lead magnet that is valuable to your ideal prospect, you must first have a detailed profile of who your ideal client is and what problems they are wanting to solve. With that understanding you can pinpoint the problem you want to solve in your lead magnet.
- Promises a quick or simple improvement – your lead magnet should focus on delivering a solution your prospect can easily apply to impact a meaningful result.
- Reflects one or more steps of your Client Success Path, which reflects your proprietary processes that you use to impact lasting results for your clients.
- Goes narrow rather than wide –the more specific you are about the benefits of the solution you are presenting in your lead magnet, the more likely your ideal prospect will opt-in.
- Differentiates you in the market – when choosing a topic of your lead magnet, focus on an aspect of your work that is unique, innovative and cutting edge, so it demonstrates the unique value only you can offer.
5. What are some examples of lead magnets?
Once you decide to incorporate lead magnets into your marketing strategy to attract your ideal clients, you will likely wonder… what type of lead magnet should I offer. While the list is vast, there are basically two types of lead magnets.
Let’s review some options for both.
Immediate Gratification Lead Magnets
These lead magnets are instantly downloaded after the opt-in and can be consumed in a relatively short period of time:
- Tip sheet
- Complimentary coaching session
- Cheat Sheet
- Case Study
- Turn-key Template
- Swipe copy file
- Free book (mailed for the price of shipping)
- Brief Audio Training
- Brief Video Training
- Event tickets
- Guided Meditation
Deep Dive Lead Magnets
These lead magnets are longer in length and require more of your prospect’s time to consume:
- Webinar/Masterclass training
- Tool kits
- Webinar replay
- Masterclass replay
- 5 Day Challenge
- Deep dive boot-camp
- Training Transcript
- Book Excerpt
- Special Report
6. What type of lead magnet should I offer?
Here is where it gets interesting, as the answer depends on many variables…
- What industry you are in.
- Where you are on your business growth path.
- What differentiates you in the market.
- What is your level of expertise in your chosen field.
But the MOST IMPORTANT determinant of what type of lead magnet you offer is this… what is the next step you want them to take in your Lead Nurture Sequence.
Designing a lead magnet without having a clear picture of where you are “leading” the prospect to is the kiss of death, and perhaps the biggest mistake expert entrepreneurs are making today.
So over the next few days, I invite you to look at the following…
- Who is your ideal client?
- What is your unique expertise that differentiates you in your market?
- What are the top 3 problems your prospects are facing?
- What kind of information do you want to share to solve one of these problems?
When you decide to try out Smart Biz Quiz for free, you’ll get access to more in-depth conversation around how to powerfully use lead magnets to grow your list as part of launching your assessments to get new leads and prospects into your doors. Check out Smart Biz Quiz with a Free Trial here.